In honor of Canada Day, I am dedicating a blog post to my pure love for this country.
A wise man once said, “you can’t buy happiness, but you can live in Canada, and that’s pretty much the same thing.”
This quote is one of the best quotes I can find to describe Canada, and so I would love to share with you some of the reasons why Canada is so amazing.
- – Rather than being a “melting pot” to cultures, we a are a mosaic, beautiful and strong, reflecting all different cultures within our country. Rather than forcing all to assimilate into one culture, we respect and value the diversity in which makes up the beauty of our country.
- – Please, thank you, sorry, eh? Canada has developed our own type of lingo that is familiar with almost all citizens… The best part? We almost overuse our manners and are sincere in their use, helping to make our country extremely welcoming and polite to all <3
- – Poutine. Need I say more?
- – Machine washable money!!!! (That even is colorful and can’t rip, and even smells like maple syrup!)
- – Our seasons say it all. From frosty bare tree arms, to vibrant orange blankets coating the autumn ground, to heatwave blurred scorching yellow prairie sunsets, to pink blossoms peeking from the earth, our seasons are beautifully expressive.
- – I can walk down the street and know that I don’t have to be scared. Know that because of my country, I am free. I can know I am protected and safe.
- – We are incredibly diverse. Mountains, oceans, prairies, forests, lakes, we have it all.
And that’s just a start!
Keep watching for more posts soon!
Bye for now,
Miss Teenage Alberta 2016